PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
QUICK COOK TIME: 12 Minutes
SLOW COOK TIME: 2.5 Hours
1 1/2 cups or approximately 12.6 oz
Slow Cook Recipe
2 tbs | 1oz coconut oil
2 tbs | 1oz shea butter
2 tbs | 1oz beeswax granules
1 tbs | 0.5oz lime juice
1 tbs | 0.5oz raw honey
10 drops | 1ml drops lime essential oil or 4oz lime zest
1. If you would like to go old school and not use essential oils, substitute 10 drops lime essential oil for 1/2 cup lime zest.
2. In a double boiler, heat up coconut oil, lime juice and 1/2 cup or 4oz Lime Zest on low for 2-4 hours before straining through a fine sieve.
3. Heat the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler to 35°C/ 95°F. You want to warm the oil, not simmer it.
4. Combine everything together in the double boiler, mix well and you're done!
5. Keep in an airtight container like a ball jar and keep in a dark dry place. To keep it for longer, keep it in your fridge!
1. We grow and dry our own limes to we have organic and fresh produce for our product lines. But, limes from the grocery store are almost just as good!
2. Freezing your limes before creating the zest will help lower the water content in your hand balm. But, it's not necessary. We like to go old school and use a juicer to get every last drop out of our limes.
3. Your hand balm may have a slight green tinge from the fresh lime zest, but, do not expect it, because it may not come through, depending on the kind of beeswax you use.
This recipe creates approximately 1/2 cup or approximately 4 oz of Lime Coconut Hand Balm and we have some great and easy options for adding High Terpene Full Spectrum Extracts directly into your Lime Coconut Hand Balm.
Use our Handy Calculator to figure out the ratios for your infusions.
Quick Cook Recipe
1. Gently heat all oils (except essential oils into a double boiler until all contents are melted, mix often. Do not let simmer or boil
2. Let stand for 30 min in a warm place.
3. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into ball jar and allow to set before use.
Keep in an airtight container like a ball jar and keep in a dark dry place. To keep it for longer, keep it in your fridge.