Updated: 5 days ago
Top Beneficial Ingredients - Click to Learn More
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
QUICK COOK TIME: 12 Minutes
SLOW COOK TIME: 2.5 Hours
1 1/2 cups or approximately 12.6 oz
1/2 cup | 4oz coconut oil
1/4 cup | 2oz grated beeswax
2 tbs | 1oz cayenne powder
2 tbs | 1oz ginger powder
2 tbs | 1oz turmeric powder
20 drops | 2ml cypress essential oil
30 drops | 3ml peppermint essential oil
30 drops | 3ml lavender essential oil
20 drops | 2ml geranium essential oil
1. If you would like to go old school and not use essential oils, substitute 1 cup or 8 oz of fresh lavender flowers and 1/2 cup or 4oz calendula flowers.
2. Heat the coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil in a double boiler to 35°C/ 95°F. You want to warm the oil, not simmer it.
3. Mix in the Calendula flowers and lavender and keep warm for 2-4 hours before straining.
4. Then warm up beeswax, honey and mango butter until soft and add to the strained mixture.
5. Add the Vitamin E Oil once it's cooler than 35°C or 95°F
6. Keep in an airtight container like a ball jar and keep in a dark dry place. To keep it for longer, keep it in your fridge!
1. We grow and dry our own herbs to ensure freshness, but, you can always get freeze dried lavender online if your area doesn't allow for year round growing.
2. Pour the warmed oils over the dried Lavender and Calendula and let sit in a warm room overnight or cook on extremely low heat for 2-4 hours. Note: Fresh Calendula will create a beautiful orange balm.
3. Warm the Beeswax, Honey and Mango Butter to 35°C or 95°F
Quick Cook Recipe
1. Gently heat all oils (except essential oils) into a double boiler until all contents are melted, mix often. Do not let simmer or boil.
2. Let stand for 30 minutes in a warm place.
3. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils.
4. Mix well.
5. Pour mixture into a ball jar and allow to set before use.
Keep in an airtight container like a ball jar and keep in a dark dry place.
To keep it for longer, keep it in your fridge.